Canada Carbon Committed to Environmental
The Management Team of Canada Carbon Inc. is committed to the environment and, in keeping with the company policy of adopting best practices in all its operations, will ensure strict compliance by obtaining all necessary approvals and certifications as required by law. Furthermore the Company will:
- Examine the potential impact to the environment of all proposed activities and take steps to minimize or, where possible, eliminate that impact.
- Operate in accordance with recognized industry standards, while complying with local and international applicable regulations and laws.
- On a regular basis, determine the Company's impact to the environment and, through continuous improvement, strive to attain higher levels of environmental performance.
- Minimize all hazardous and non-hazardous materials generation and ensure the proper disposal of all wastes.
- Maintain a high level of environmental protection by applying reasonable best practices and technologies that minimize impacts and enhance environmental quality in respect of bodies of water, air, vegetation and wildlife.
- Maintain dialogue with the communities and other stakeholders within the area of influence in order to understand their concerns, minimize negative impacts and to enhance environmental quality.
- Progressively rehabilitate disturbed areas, where appropriate, and develop closure plans that can continuously improve and incorporate new technologies where practical.
- Train and educate all employees to understand their environmental responsibility related to all activities related to the Company's operations and activities.
- Require contractors and suppliers to operate according to the Company's environmental standards and procedures.
- Consider environmental factors when purchasing equipment and materials.
- Operate in accordance with industry standards while complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Establish and maintain a well defined environmental, health and safety management system to guide its operations.
- Ensure that all employees, officers and directors understand and adhere to its environmental, health and safety management program.
- Provide operations with the necessary resources, expertise and training to effectively carry out its EHS management programs.
- Engage employees at all levels in programs directed towards minimizing adverse effects on the environment resulting from mining activity.
- Work proactively with governments and the public in the development of cost effective and realistic regulations that promote enhanced environmental, health and safety protection.
- Promote environmental awareness among its employees, their families and the communities in which it operates.
- Conduct periodic audits on its operations against stated commitments and measures regarding EHS management.
- Require those who provide services and products to practice good environmental stewardship.
- Mitigate its environmental impacts through efficient use of resources, and the reduction of input materials and waste.
- Maintain a high degree of emergency preparedness.
- Communicate openly with employees, government, the public and other stakeholders regarding this policy and on all matters pertaining to health, safety and the environment.
Canada Carbon Inc. is committed to being a company that plans not only for the present but one that ensures that plans are in place to safeguard the environment in which it operates for future generations.